Blog #1- Early Memory
One of my earliest memories is from when
I was about 3 years old. My family
had just bought a brand new leather
couch and was excited to have this new edition in the house. I being only a
toddler, was always up to no good and loved making arts and crafts. I got my
little hands on a pair of scissors and decided to take a snip at the brand
new couch. Luckily for me we had
a cat and I knew he was going to be my target to blame if I had ever gotten caught. My plan had seemed to
be going well, but then my family noticed that this little snip I had made was starting to
become a gaping hole. I quickly blamed it on the cat thinking I was one smart
child and that I wasn’t going to be getting in trouble for what I had done.
Little did I know, my cat was de-clawed and there was no way possible he could
have cut open the couch. I continuously would blame it on the cat, not realizing
my cover had been blown. To this day my
family will not get over how I cut open the brand new leather couch and how I never gave up
hope that the cat had done it.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis early memory is very funny! I can remember destroying furniture as a young kid too! I once stickered my mom's coffee table with different animals, I thought it looked awesome, but she thought otherwise. These things are funny to look back on though, I know my incident was an early memory as well. Do you think this taught you a lesson as a child? I know mine did!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I like looking back on memories and laughing at what we once did as kids. I don't think it really taught me a lesson because I was so young and didn't really get punished for what I did. It's funny that one of your earliest memories is also destroying furniture. TWINZZZZZZZZZZZ
DeleteDominique, wow you were one devious child! I think it is funny how you blamed the cuts in your couch on your cat when it was declawed. Did you feel bad about cutting up the couch at all? This reminds me of a time when I ripped open some pillows.. But I was caught in the act so I couldn't blame it on my cat.
ReplyDeleteHAYYYY GURLLL, to answer your question I didn't feel bad cutting up the couch. I thought I was pretty smart and at the time I didn't know the value of a dollar, so if I had known that leather couches were so expensive I probably wouldn't have done it. You call me a devious child??? You ripped open pillows....talk about devious!
DeleteDamn Dom. Whats wrong with you? Although I must ask, what did you plan on making with your leather square? Do you still have the couch?
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I don't know what's wrong with me! I'm still weird to this day. I didn't plan on making anything out of what I had cut. I think seeing the couch and that it was leather made me wonder what it would feel like if I had cut it. I do not however have the couch still. It was green and actually really ugly, so I guess I did the family a favor.
Deletehahaha wowww good job you sneaky little thing. Im impresses with your deviousness...
ReplyDeleteThanks, I think I'm impressed with myself that I could think of such a elaborate plan as a toddler.
Delete